Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Yipee!!!

I did three layouts this weekend! I found a website that inspired me to take part in some of their challenges. The website is Birds of a Feather.

Anyway, the first layout I did was not one of the challenges, but it's of a photo I took of Christian the other day while we were playing outside in the yard. I just LOVE this photo! I used Bo Bunny's Timepiece collection - which I just adore. So manly like, yet it can also be feminine.



I just recently watched a movie titled "Remember Me" and the main character quoted Gandhi - "Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's important that you do it." I knew I just had to use that quote on a layout and what better than one of our baby who has his whole life ahead of him.

The next layout I did was a sketch challenge. Here is the Prima sketch:



And here is my layout:



This is a photo of myself taken about a year ago. I plan to journal privately about how strong I've had to be to maneuver throughout the Dept of Defense and VA hospitals. We have been in one hospital or another the bulk of the last three years. Kevin has had 43 surgeries (truthfully more, but I only count a surgery as him being put to sleep - more often that not he had multiple surgeries each time) and we are nowhere near done yet. I can definitely say that I am not the same person I was three years ago.

And the last layout is from an ad challenge. Here is the advertisement:




I have wanted to use these photos of Kevin for a while now and thought the lines of this ad might work for it. The papers are quite old BasicGrey, but I liked the colors.

The journaling is about how Kevin always loved being in front of a camera and I'm so glad that that didn't change even after being burned and disfigured in Afghanistan.



I am hoping to get some more scrapping in tomorrow. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment